Sunday, February 8, 2015

January Favorites

One of my unwritten resolution for 2015 is to document my relationship with makeup over time. I think it would be fun to see what products I loved around this time next year.  Hopefully I don't see these kind of posts as chores and stick to doing them!










AVEDA Hand Relief
I've been really into hand creams lately and this one did not disappoint. I love the vibrant but mild citrus smell. The product is so creamy and sinks into my skin very nicely. I wake up and my hands feel smooth and plump. Current HG!

NUXE Reve de Miel Lip Balm
My lips always feel so plump and hydrated in the morning after applying this luscious cream at night. Especially when I use a lips scrub like Lush's Mint Julips. I love the consistency of the thick balm because I sleep with the air conditioner on so it really sucks the moisture out of my skin..but when I have this on, I feel like my lips are protected until I wake up in the morning.

RMK Creamy Polished Base
An old favorite that I have been reaching for this month. I keep forgetting how important a primer is in achieving a flawless face. I like the non-sticky, light gel consistency. I can tell straight off the bat that my skin looks smoother and even toned. I feel like I need less foundation and concealer after using this product. I'm also running out so I need to pick another one up soon!

CLIO Gelpresso Waterproof Pencil Gel Liner
I got the shade Beige Shine for my waterline and I am loving it! Not the most neutral shade because of the shine, but it makes my eyes look wider, brighter and more awake. I'm itching to get the other shades!

EYESCREAM Gel Eyeliner
The shade I love from this brand is Chocolate. It's a deep brown liner that is very pigmented and looks really natural ( when applied thinly) The creamy consistency is easy to blend and stays on my oily eyelids forever.

CHANEL Nail Polish
This muddy brown shade Particuliére is beautiful on the fingers. It's chic, clean and very unique. I hate the applicator though. If Chanel changed that factor, I might just get all the shades! :)>

ORLY Sec 'N Dry
I've been really disciplined with my weekly manicures ( another one of my resolutions is to stay on top of my beauty regimen. Having nicely manicured nails all the time is a must!) I love painting my nails but I hate the waiting game for them to dry. This quick dry makes them dry in no time and I'm ready to tackle other things almost immediately!

BENEFIT Hoola
I've been into contouring lately and I've been reaching for this matte brownish shade. It's not my skintone's perfect match ( NYX's Taupe Blush is more of my perfect match but I lost mine and haven't gotten a replacement) but this is the next best thing.

DIOR Hydra Life BB Creme
Another old favorite. I bought this along on vacation to Beijing when I wanted coverage without the heaviness of foundation. I like how it's sooo easy to apply- just my fingers and I get medium coverage without any streaks. Perfect for lazy days which let's be honest is pretty much everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment