Sunday, January 4, 2015

Best of 2014 ( Beauty Edition)

2014 was a good makeup/skincare year.  I tried and loved many products and I feel I went through and finished a lot of my collection this year. I also started using perfume on a regular basis, so it's nice to see a few bottles here in my favorites. Here's are the 21 that I count among the best of 2014:





The Wet Brush
One of my best beauty discovery this year. It works so well getting through tangles without hurting the scalp at all. The bristles are very soft, but surprisingly effective at removing tangles and knots. I would recommend this to anyone.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
Gorgeous metallic color, long wearing and such a wearable color. I love this versatile cream shadow and I have been wearing this non stop since I got it and I have yet to find something that comes close.

MAC Blush in Fluer Power
It's a subtle light pink shade that matches everything and so easy to go from day to night. ( Just apply more at night) Not that I wear too much crazy eye makeup - I only wear neutrals but I can really see this looking good for neutrals and smokey eyes.

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
There's something about this brush that makes foundation application so damn easy and flawless. The bristles are soft but firm which I love. It washes easily and doesn't shed- super high quality brush for drugstore price!

Real Techniques Blush Brush
The quintessential  blush brush! the bristles are soft, full and picks up product well and blends great. What more can you ask for for a drugstore makeup brush? Not much :)

Hakuhodo S100 Finishing Angled Brush
One of my most prized and beautiful makeup brush. I used this brush a lot this year to set my makeup. I use my MAC  Studio Fix Powder or my Shiseido Translucent powder ( both of which are just okay in my opinion so they're not in this post. )

Caudalie Divine Oil
When I want something light but hydrating for my body I spray this on. It's light but feels absolutely luxurious. It sinks in super fast in my skin and the smell is divine. It's also nice when I spray a bit of this on my hair and it makes my hair silky too. Just make sure you don't spray too much..trust me.

Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide
Okay so I haven't used this foundation for long but it's my favorite foundation. Even more than my Cle De Peau one. The coverage is medium but you ca definitely build it up but what I love most about it is the way it feels on my skin. I could build it up to full coverage but it still feels so light on my face and I can have it on all day without caking.

Heroine Make Volume and Curl Mascara
This is probably my favorite mascara since I discovered it this year. I have to face the fact that my asian lashes only looks good when I use volumizing mascara rather than lengthening ones. My lashes looks so lush and thick whenever I use this mascara!

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind
Favorite concealer for brightening up my dark under eye area. The formula for this is light, creamy and blends easily. I have to admit the packaging is kinda unhygienic but overall this is one of the best products I tried in 2014!

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey
My lips but better! I used to have one of these but I lost it and forgot how much I loved and missed it until I repurchased it again.

Lush Mint Julips
I think this is my third jar of this uhmazing lip scrub so it's safe to say it's one favorites this year. This effective lip scub sloughs away the dry layer of my lips and it tastes like mint chocolate. All you need to do is lick your lips afterwards ( which I try to refrain from doing) It's soooo good!

NUXE Reve de Miel
My favorite nightime lip care. It hydrates my lips so well. When I wake up there's always still some products on my lips which makes me think that it's STILL doing its magic even when i'm awake. My lips have never felt more moisturized or soft!

The Body Shop Body Butter
For some reason I used to think The Body Shop Body Butters were sticky and excessively oily, but because of the lovely Estee from http://www.essiebutton.com/ I decided to give them another go. And they are LOVE. They are very rich, but with the right amount they sink into the sink nicely and quickly and does not leave me feeling icky and sticky. I finished a tub of the Olive scent and working on my second one which is the Moringa scent. *Smells Divine!*

Aesop Geranium Leaf Body Scrub
One gripe I have about most scrubs is that I don't think they exfoliate enough. I guess you can say I have tough skin but I was always in the market for a scrub that got down and dirty with my skin. This scrub has "soft" abrasive agents that sloughs away dead surface cells and deeply ingrained grime. I feel clean, fresh and invigorated.

MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Lingering
I've had this pencil for years but kinda neglected it after I got an Anastacia Brow Wiz. But my sister borrowed( stole) it from me so I went back to it and I love it! It's very similar with the brow wiz in terms of pencil size. It's very thin and I can really draw a precise line or fake eyebrow hairs. One downside is it doesn't come with a spooly and I have to go in with a separate brush and it's REALLLLLY annoying. MAC, please do something about that!

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Right Said Red
Perfect bright red nail polish. This is the color I have been looking for for years and I couldn't be more happy about it! The formulation is amazing and goes on so amazingly. The color is a creamy, rich bright red that makes my fingers looks soooooo lush. Definitely my favorite polish of 2014!

Orly Sec & Dry
Another manicure essential. I love doing my own nails and I usually get the urge to do them right before I go to bed. I love this because it literally takes seconds to dry ( hence the name) but it makes my polish look utterly glossy and chip free for days.

Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh
Fruity and Fresh! I picked this up in the Duty Free at Taoyuan Airport and I couldn't be more happy about it. The scent does not overpower and I love how fresh it smells!

Jo Malone Peony & Suede Blush
My wedding bouquet consisted of pink peonies so it's only natural that this is one of my favorite perfume this year. It smells like apples, roses, jasmine and of course peonies. No idea what suede blush is though.

Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquets
Smells floral-ly, flirty and sweet at the same time. I feel so feminine every time I wear this perfume. A little goes a long way and I can still smell this on me after the end of the day!


1 comment:

  1. Loved reading about your favorites for the year! I have The Honey color too and it's a nice pink but the magenta stain it leaves behind makes me unwilling to use it for subtle looks xD Just bought a ton of the Body Shop butters and can't wait to slather it all over my winter weary skin. Also love the heroine make Mascara but I have it in the long & Curl version xD

    ReplyDelete