Saturday, September 20, 2014

Japanese Style Carbonara

Before I post the recipe ( which I got from my FAVORITE youtuber: Cooking With Dog) I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of cream based pasta- I prefer tomato sauce with my pasta. But after watching her video I knew I had to try it and guess what? I LOVED it! Andrew loved it too! Best part about it is there's minimal cream ( less calories!) and it took like 10 minutes to make. I love super fast, easy and yummy meals! Anyhoo, here's the recipe



Serves 2-3

Ingredients: 
300 grams Linguine or Spaghetti 
6 Slices Bacon ( you could use less but why would you?) 
1 clove of Garlic, crushed
1 tsp Olive Oil 
2 Fresh Eggs
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tbsp Cooking Cream or Milk 
Pinch of Salt
Black Pepper
Freshly chopped Spring Onions 

In a bowl, whisk together eggs, parmesan cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside

Cook linguine according to package or until al dente. Make sure to salt the water really well. 

Fry the bacon and crushed garlic in a little bit of olive until bacon is slightly crisp. Be careful not to burn it. Remove excess oil if necessary. Add the cooked pasta to the bacon and garlic and toss. Quickly add pasta to the egg, milk and cheese mixture and toss. If the mixture is too runny for your taste put bowl over the steaming pasta water to cook it a little more. Be careful not to over cook the eggs though, you don't want scrambled eggs *-* 

Season with some more black pepper and spring onions. Serve immediately :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment